Friday, May 16, 2014

Raw Goats Milk!!

There are so many benefits to drinking goats milk and Raw goats milk is even better! For those that are lactose intolerant goat milk can be a great option as it has less lactose then cows milk and has a high probiotic content that helps aid digestion and assists the immune system in keeping us healthy. It's an Amazing alternative to breast milk as mentioned in the previous post, and has great nutritional value. You can put it in soap or other homemade natural products as well if you are looking for a softer option to what you can buy in the store!
Because of the high potassium content, goats milk is alkaline instead of acidic when digested by the body. Cow's milk is acidic and will make you build up mucus inside the body, which is why doctors say not to drink it if you are sick or have a productive cough.... but, goats milk is different and wont cause the same reactions.
There has been lots of research going into the benefits of goats milk! It is so amazing!!

To bad the FDA has made laws so that raw goats milk cant be sold for "human consumption". Of all the medication that can be sold over the counter, the pesticides that are sprayed over our food and all the processed items that we can buy so easily and goats milk is what they decide to monitor.
If I, as a consumer, educate myself and find that I would like to buy fresh goats milk, and someone has extra goats milk they would like to sell,.... why should they be able to say no???

I love having a goat in my back yard! I love that even though I don't always eat perfectly I have found something that has made a difference for me,... something natural... something that is a step in the right direction!!

No comments: