Saturday, July 19, 2014

Goat milk vs Baby formula

Photo: Fresh goat milk! Waylon is doing great on this! Sounds like we may need to get a goat!
If your familiar with Dr. Wallach's work then you know the desperately saddening fact for parents that have infants and toddlers. Infant formulas have close to no nutritional value for our children. As a matter of fact it has less minerals then Dog Food. There are 90 essential nutrients that our bodies need for optimal health, Dog food contains 40, rat food contains 28, and our baby formula has 12. That didn't hit me so hard till now that I have my son and my milk supply is going down so I was faced with fact that I needed to give him something else to help him grow. Let me tell you how good it feels to put your baby on something when you know your dog is better off.
So what other options do we have other then letting our kids play in the dog bowl? Cow milk? I hope not! Milk is perfect for the offspring is was created for. A momma cow makes milk for a baby cow that starts off at 100lbs and is designed to turn a 100lb calf into a 1,000lb cow. The protein content (among many other things) is off the charts compared to human milk.
Goats milk however is amazingly comparable to breast milk. Like humans, a baby goat starts off at about 7 to 8lb and grows to a 100- 150lb adult! The consistency and nutrition is so close to breast milk that I know that the Lord was thinking of mothers like me when he made it!



I have spent a lot of time on my knees and researching the best options for what I can give my son.
Here is the recipe for what I have found works the best.
4oz(1/2 c.) Goats Milk
2oz(1/4 c.) Distilled Water
2 tsp Brown rice syrup
1/2 tsp Coconut Oil
1/16 tsp Unsulphured blackstrap molasses

Heat up distilled water in a pan and then add it to a jar with the brown rice syrup, coconut oil and molasses. Stir well to combine. Then add the goats milk.

Here's a video of milking our goat straight into my sons bottle because he was crying and we didn't have the milk pan with us.

No comments: