Saturday, February 28, 2015

Calendula

I am so excited about my calendula finally being ready to harvest!!!
Skin problems, stomach aches, inflammation. ...
It is such an easy plant to work with, but because I'm new to the planting seasons of Arizona it took me a while to get it right!

 I planted it last year about this time, so the plant wasn't ready before the 115° summer hit. But it survived thru the summer with shade and lots of watering
Next time I'll plant the seeds in September for it to be ready for spring!

Just cut the tops off and it's ready to make a tea. Dry them in a cool dark place and them seal them in a jar to keep them fresh.

Learn more here-
http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-235-calendula.aspx?activeingredientid=235&activeingredientname=calendula



No comments: